What exactly is emergency contraception?
For instance, a condom has split or perhaps you’ve missed a capsule.
There are two main kinds:
- the emergency contraceptive product (often called the after pill morning)
- the IUD (intrauterine unit, or coil)
There’s two types of crisis contraceptive supplement. Levonelle has got to be studied within 72 hours (3 days) of intercourse, and ellaOne has to be used within 120 hours (five times) of intercourse. Both pills work by preventing or delaying ovulation (launch of an egg). Crisis contraception is most beneficial taken as quickly as possible to work.
The IUD could be placed into the womb as much as five times after unsafe sex, or as much as five times following the time that is earliest you can have ovulated. It may stop an egg from being fertilised or implanting in your womb.
Crisis contraception will not force away intimately sent infections (STIs).
Crisis contraception self-help gu > Find away more about ways to get crisis contraception and where you’ll get it.
At a glance : information about crisis contraception
- Both forms of crisis contraception work well at preventing maternity if they’re utilized immediately after non-safe sex. Significantly less than 1% of females whom make use of the IUD have a baby, whereas pregnancies following the crisis contraceptive tablet are not quite as uncommon. It’s believed that ellaOne works better than Levonelle.
- The earlier you are taking Levonelle or ellaOne, the greater amount of effective it shall be.
- Levonelle or ellaOne will make you’re feeling ill, dizzy or tired, or present a frustration, tender breasts or pain that is abdominal.
- Levonelle or ellaOne will make your duration previously or later than usual.
- If you’re sick (vomit) within couple of hours of using Levonelle, or three hours of using ellaOne, look for medical advice because you will have to take another dosage or have an IUD installed.
- If you utilize the IUD as crisis contraception, it could be kept in as the regular contraceptive technique.
- It can make your periods longer, heavier or more painful if you use the IUD as a regular method of contraception.
- You might feel some vexation if the IUD is place in – painkillers can help relieve this.
- There aren’t any severe s >pill< （更多…）